19 weeks

The Hogie Bun at 19 weeks


Baby's growth: weighs about 8 1/2 oz.
Size of a large heirloom tomato
Total weight gain: Not 100% sure.  I don't feel like I've gained much more than last week, so I still think that perhaps a total of 10 lbs.

Movement: I have felt some movement this past week.  Mostly below my bellybutton and to the sides of the bellybutton.  I  think it might be the baby, just because there are times in which I can tell that I am digesting and those mostly feel more towards the rest of my stomach and are not necessarily concentrated in one area.  Then again, I am not a 100% I am correct, but I like to think that it's the baby moving.

Discomfort: my lower back and hips have been a bit of an issue.  I feel they are stretching, therefore, anyway I sit, lay or sometimes stand has caused some discomfort.  Massaging the areas do not help, but eventually the discomfort goes away.  I also think that my balance is sort of getting a little wacky at times.  So there are times when I feel like I lean more towards one of my sides than the other when standing just so that I don't fall over...

Skin changes: I got ONE pimple on my face! It's gone and now it's just drying out! Other than that, we are nice and clear.

Bellybutton: the flattening and stretching continues, not so different looking than last week.

Gender Prediction: Well, those of you who know me, must know that the anticipation of not knowing what we are brewing is really getting to me.  As I've mentioned on previous posts, we have tried most of the wives tales.  They are fun to try and at the same time they keep you guessing.  Last week, we took a quiz with all of the questions and it said that we were expecting a boy.  Well, this week, I found a new test that's safer than the Drano test.  This test involved two items, "yellow natural liquid" and a teaspoon of baking soda.

The test mentioned to pour a teaspoon of baking soda into the cup with the liquid and if it fizzles like a soda or beer = boy and if it doesn't do anything = girl.  So, needless to say we tried it in the afternoon and the results where = girl (no fizzle).  Then again, I tried it in the early morning thinking perhaps there wasn't enough concentration :).  The results again = no fizzle = girl.  So, what do YOU think we are having a BOY or a GIRL??!! ??

Side note: All three of us are doing great thus far! Dad-to-be has been extremely supportive and sensitive, and understanding of all of my roller coaster emotions (I feel like crying quite often for no reason), and best of all super helpful around the house (like always) but let's face it's no surprise there = he is SUPER HUBBY soon to be SUPER DAD.  Thank you for always keeping us in your prayers, that means a lot to us!

4 comments:

  1. Look at that baby bump grow! Too cute!

    Mmmm... gender prediction, by the way I am always wrong... I'm thinking girl by the way you look. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gaby!
    You look great! I love following the blog! My gender prediction is a boy. I'm glad the 3 of you are doing well too! I totally understand about the crying. Josh is well trained in grabbing the box of Kleenex for me. I came home from work a couple weeks ago and just sat down and started bawling. He asked what's wrong and I told him I didn't know! :)
    Take care,
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! Less than a week we will know what we are having and hopefully if the baby cooperates, we will be able to share the gender news on Thanksgiving Day!
    I am glad you are following the blog Linds since we don't get to see each other very often. We certainly got ourselves some hubby helpers & keepers! It's nice to have a friend going through the same roller coaster of emotions. If you have any tips as you go along since you are further along than me, shoot them over! I will do the same! Take Care and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gaby,
    That will be so fun to share the gender on Thanksgiving Day! We definitely got lucky in the husband department. :) I think we're planning to come up Friday of next week and stay through the weekend, maybe we could get together! It is very nice to have friend going through this at the same time. I'll have to think of some tips and definitely send me any you have. Right now, I'd pay good money for a nap! :) Lindsey

    ReplyDelete