22 weeks

The Hogie Bun at 22 weeks

Total Weight Gain: 13 lbs & 12 oz. + ??  I have a doctor's appointment this coming Monday so I will keep you posted on the total gain! Hopefully, just the right amount.  I am still eating some ice cream and cheese here and there, but not as often as I was before.  I've also started to increase my walks with Danielson!

For those of you not living in Wisconsin, the weather has finally started to feel like December weather.  For this time of the year, we have been spoiled with some wonderful relatively warm/comfortable weather.  However, this week has certainly felt like Christmas is just around the corner.  The temperature dropped from 60 degrees over the weekend to about 15-25 degrees this week.  So you can imagine what the wind chill is like?!!? (just lovely).
Walking in this weather is like getting natural free botox!

I must admit that it is hard to get out there and get the walks in after work, but my hubby does a good job at pushing me out the door :).  Overall, we really enjoy our walks even if they are cold ones.  It's our time to reflect on our day and talk about "future dreams/plans" without interruptions.  VERY ENJOYABLE!

Baby's Update: 11 inches (length of a spaghetti squash) and 1 lb 1oz +

Movement: Lots of it!  I think we might have a little swimmer brewing.  The baby's strongest movements are felt during the AM around 8:30 or so, and towards the evening.  This past week, Dan was able to feel the baby make some strong movements.  Strong enough that you could sort of see them.

Discomfort: So far so good!  The baby sometimes likes to press on my sciatic nerve which gives me some discomfort, but then I ask him to move and since I am a great pretender in thinking that he is listening, he moves and I am all better!

Bellybutton: almost flat, but not quite there yet.

Looking Forward to: Now that we know we are expecting a BOY, we are looking forward to start working on the baby's room little by little.  We are currently renting a Condo and the walls are painted with a green shade color and a darker brown/dark olive green accent color on one of the walls.  Therefore, we are not going to spend money and repaint it as this is not our forever home.  Eventually we will decorate it how we really like it, but for now that's our plan.

Another thing we are looking forward is naming our baby boy!  We have some options, but have yet to make a decision.  We'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment