37 weeks


General Baby & Progress Updates:
  • Baby's heartbeat is in the 140's and moving constantly.  We have a very active little boy that's getting stronger by the day!
  • Lost a little bit of weight (3/4 of a pound) so my total weight gain is 38lbs.
  • Things are progressing smoothly under the "hood", I don't want to get into too many details.
  • I was told that they would have to put me on antibiotics (penicillin) during labor and they will have to keep me at the hospital 48hrs after delivery, so this was a bit of a bummer but nevertheless they said I should not worry and that this is very common.
  • The Hogie Bun is measuring at 35cm.  I certainly feel like it's bigger than that and weighing a lot more!
  • Feet & hands are swollen but not too much, some days more than others
  • Getting a good night sleep is starting to be impossible.  I feel really awake in the early mornings and then my mind starts to think and that makes it impossible to fall back asleep.
  • Baby's room is also all ready to go, just finishing up some touches on the wall which we probably won't finish until later, but all the essentials are ready to go for his BIG ARRIVAL!!!
  • Hospital bags are also ready to go (Mom, Dad's, and Baby)
  • Car seat has been installed in the SUV (certified by a tech) and ready to go.  Now Dan needs to teach me how to install the base in the other car etc...
For the time being all we have to do is try to keep our place clean so that we don't have to do much once the time comes :)! and play the waiting game.  My job according to the Doctor is to continue to monitor his movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment