Our New Adventure

The Hogie Bun at 7 weeks
An early ultrasound was taken in order to determine 
if we were having twins due to my high HCG levels.   

Delivering the News

Dan (New Dad)

A quick background note, I had a hunch that I might be pregnant when things were not acting and arriving in the time they were supposed to.  It was then that I decided to consult Dr. Google and research my symptoms.  After a long night of sleep I decided to test out what I thought could be a possibility.  Sure enough, the test was strongly positive!

Dan had a very important meeting that morning and I decided not to tell him until later that afternoon, so that he can be focused during his meeting.  By this time, I was in shock to say the least.  Throughout the whole day I kept forgetting and then remembering what had happened that morning.  As the day went on, I met with the doctor and got confirmation and verification that everything was moving along and that I was 4 weeks pregnant.  

That afternoon, while Dan was playing softball, I went on a shopping "hunt" to find the best way to deliver the BIG NEWS to Dan.  I came up with a combination of golf references and some other baby items.  The video below is how I ended up delivering the news.



The golf references say: Tee Up, Hole in One, & Nice Shot!

Mom C.

This will be my mom's first grandchild.  In telling my mom, we decided to involve Tako, my mom's Goldendoodle.  I am an only child and I view Tako as my little doggy baby, therefore, we bought and put this cute bandana from Etsy that said "I'm Going to be a Big Brother e.t.a. 4.4.13" on Tako and had him deliver the BIG NEWS.


Mom & Dad H.

Although, Mom and Dad H. already have three beautiful grand-daughters, Mom H. insisted that we were lagging behind and wondered when Dan and I will get moving!  Since our wedding 3 years ago, Mom H. has been wanting pictures of our wedding.  For one reason or another, I kept forgetting and then lost the CD etc... We delivered the news by printing some images of our wedding and added a picture of our ultrasound in between them to deliver the news.  


1 comment:

  1. Loved it!!!!
    I'm also new @ following bloggers, so I'm not sure where this comment will be posted......
    Anyway!!!! I love the idea of having you share your experience with us...... It's the next best thing
    To being there with you!!!!
    I miss u so much!!!!
    Please be sure to include belly pictures!!!!!
    And your progress about wanting to know if it's a boy o girl!!!
    Also!!! Post pictures of deco ideas for the nursery!!!
    And!!! Why don't you start some sort of list o things you need/want either 4 you or 4 your bun

    ReplyDelete