32 weeks

On Monday we went to the doctor and it looks like everything is still on the right track!

Total Weight Gain:  Whooping 31 pounds!  Considering that at the last doctor appointment (week 29) I only gained a total of 1 pound, it looks like this past two weeks I've made up for it and gained 7 pounds!!!  The Hogie Bun is measuring at 33 cm.

Momma's Update:  I already feel/look a lot bigger and things have been "shifting" and creating some discomforts here and there but nothing out of the ordinary.  Some major discomforts have been my lower/upper back (too much weight to support), some ligament pains on my hips, lots of heartburn, some shortness of breath, and finally some Braxton Hicks contractions here and there nothing too uncomfortable.

The Hogie Bun at 32 weeks

  • We have 8 MORE WEEKS TO GO!!!! which makes me a bit nervous but at the same time excited to meet our Irish Burrito in person.
  • The Grandparents from both sides are throwing our Irish Burrito a baby shower this Saturday.  We are very excited to see many friends and family that we don't get to see very often!  After our baby shower, we will begin to set up the nursery and finalize the nursery before our baby arrives.
  • One big problem with me!  I tend to read too much about pregnancy and everything that goes with it.  So I went on a mini hospital bag/post-birth shopping in order to not be scrambling towards the end trying to get everything I would like to have.  I have read/heard just about all stories regarding labor and post-birth "beauties".  Let's just say that reading all of them have made me chuckle quite a bit and terrified at the same time.  

Dad's Update:  He has been very supportive throughout this whole experience.  Couldn't have asked for a better partner!  He is just as excited to get the room all set up and get everything finalized for his little boy's arrival as we all are.  He will be a very busy man come these next few weeks :)!

Baby's Update:  He is one active little burrito!  I am not 100% how much he weighs at this time, but it is said to average about 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long and taking up a lot of space in The Hogie Bun.  The doctor mentioned that mom will be gaining about 1 pound a week and roughly half of that would go straight to the baby.  Which leaves me to believe that I am in for a treat on how big I can certainly get!

At our appointment, the doctor mentioned that it felt like Baby Hogan has flipped and is now facing head down :)!

On a side note: As I was getting things crossed off my TO-DO List for the BIG DAY! I came across a free class to learn how to make your own baby food.  We figured why not go, it's free and was offered at the hospital that we intend to deliver, so we signed up for it and attended it.  Needless to say we were both a little disappointed.  Mostly because we thought this was going to be a more hands-on "making baby food class", but it wasn't.  We got some important information that our pediatrician had already mentioned to us, and we did get to sample some baby food that they made for us.  The following were the samples that they prepared:

  • Sweet Potatoes - Dan really likes sweet potatoes, so the taste of it wasn't bad.  Me on the other hand, I am not a fan at all of sweet potatoes, so for me I just didn't really enjoy it.  However, I do think that our Irish Burrito will like those someday.
  • Avocado & Bananas - Who would have thought this funky combination was actually good!  We both really liked it!
  • Pears - This one to us didn't taste like much, but a good one to have as an option. 



No comments:

Post a Comment