34 weeks


Total Weight Gain:  This past Monday we went to the doctor for our regular check up and things continue to go in the right direction.  Blood pressure and growth seem perfect according to the doctor.  Since our last visit two weeks ago, I've gained a total of 2 pounds, bring it to a whopping grand total of 33 pounds!

The Hogie Bun is measuring at 35 cm, so a bit bigger than where we should be at, keeping in mind that both ultrasounds that we got the baby measured 4 days ahead, so if this is the case then I think it's some what proportional.  Baby's heartbeat at the time of our appointment was at 134 bpm.

On a side note, I have been feeling pretty tired these days and feel that need to take bathroom breaks as soon as I get up from sitting.  Sleeping has become a bit more uncomfortable but at the same time, I have had those nice moments of deep sleep (it varies).  There are times that when I stay up too late the night before, that the next morning I feel like I have a hangover... granted these are weekends, so I can sleep in if I need to which always helps, but even if I do it still takes a while for that feeling to go away.  Note to self... slow down the late nights :)!


General Updates:
  • Date night on Saturday went great!  We had a wonderful dinner and even if I wasn't able to have my favorite rolls with raw fish, all of the veggie rolls and the California roll tasted AMAZING!!! I could eat sushi rolls everyday!!!!

  • We didn't make it to Chicago last weekend due to other plans that came up but we were able to used that time to get a great jump start at the baby's nursery :)  We were also able to get a lot of laundry done and get it all ready for his arrival.  There is still quite a bit to do, but hopefully by the end of this weekend that's all taken care off and ready to go!  I'm thinking that by the end of this weekend, the room will begin to take shape and feel more complete!

  • 6 WEEKS TO GO!!!  and so the home stretch begins!!!  We attended our first labor/birth class this past Tuesday.  Overall, it's informative and there was some information that was really helpful to know.  Some people say that taking these classes help with the anxiety and anticipation that us moms-to be have when it's their first baby.  Well, like I told Dan, I don't think that seeing and learning more about the big day has made it any easier.   I do think that I will begin to practice the relaxation techniques because I am thinking I will really need them so that my stress does not make the pain any worse than it has to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment