28 weeks

The Hogie Bun at 28 weeks
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Momma's Update: I spoke to the Doctor last night after emailing her some questions I had.  These past few appointments I have not been able to meet with my original Doctor and so I wanted to make sure things were still on the right path.

Come to know the Doctor had shingles in her head, thankfully she is doing much better.  She answered some of my questions regarding to tests.  I had to re-take the glucose test just to get reassurance and to also test my iron levels.  The test came back negative again for gestational diabetes.  Although it went up from 103 to 123, she mentioned it's a pass or fail and that I shouldn't be concern.  I had mentioned the concerns that my husband had due to my increase in sugar intake over the holidays.  Needless to say, she said that my body must be breaking down the sugar quite well!

As far as my iron levels go, she also mentioned they were great (13.8 hemoglobin  normally she said that 11.7 is the low end of normal, so I am just where I need to be and doesn't foresee me having difficulties for the rest of the pregnancy.

Additionally, as she was giving me the results of our little Irish Burrito, she confirmed that all of the organs are looking great and developing healthy.  Although I think my weight is a bit much for where I am, she said that the weight gain looks great.  She also mentioned that I shouldn't be too alarmed if for some reason I don't fee the baby move too much, as my placenta which is apparently 2" thick is right on front.

She said to go ahead and start the kick counting (starting and ending movement).  Count 10 kicks/movements within 2 hours.  So I have been doing that twice a day, morning and at night.  We have a very active boy in the Hogie Bun so it's easy for me to know that he has way over 10 movements within 2+ hours.

Baby's Update: Doctor mentioned that the baby probably weights over 2 lbs by now.  He has been very active and loves to tickle and poke my belly with (?- don't know leg/elbow/touchy/hand) at different times of the day.

I will say it's very exciting and gives me a piece of mind, but there are times, where it just feels weird and uncontrollable.  I do however, like to look down at my belly to see how it moves.

Discomfort: I know I've mentioned that I haven't had much to complain and my discomforts were to a minimum.  I am still somewhat sticking to this.  With the exception of last night.  I had the hardest time finding a comfortable spot on the bed, I tried all sorts of positions with pillows, etc... and nothing, I tried sitting while sleeping... not very comfortable.  I also keep feeling a constant "stretchy feeling" on the left of my belly, which was uncomfortable to lay on... so after waking up at 2:00 a.m. and tossing and turning until 4:00 a.m., I decided to move tot he couch and see if that would help.

To my surprise, it sort of did.  It wasn't that comfortable but at least I could feel like I was getting some rest.  I am hoping that these next months are not spent sleeping on the couch.  I am actually considering investing in one of those wedges that they sell at Babies"R"Us and see if that helps me sleep better!  Any suggestions?

Bellybutton: Previously, I had mentioned that it looked like it was starting to pop a little.  Now that the Hogie Bun has grown it has begun to take a flat shape.

Looking Forward to: considering this is my first full week back at work since the beginning of December and I am not having a ton of luck sleeping through the night.  I am looking forward to sleeping more comfortably and getting some rest.  I am also looking forward to finalizing some decorations for the baby shower that's coming up pretty soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment