30 weeks

Baby & Momma Updates
  • Things haven't really changed since my last appointment this past Monday, please reference week 29 for updates!

  • I can't believe we are 10 weeks away from the due date.  I realize that it can be sooner or it can be a little later, but just thinking that next week we will be in the single digit weeks has me a little anxious and well just feel like I am sort of falling behind on my TO DO LISTS...!!!

  • We did however, called a pediatrician that was highly recommended by one of our friends and who also happen to be recommended by the OBGYN's.  Luckily, this doctor is accepting new patients and the other important part, is that this doctor is in our network insurance.  Needless to say, when I called to ask for information and see if we can become a patient the receptions gave us the option to also set up a quick appointment to meet the doctor and make sure we as parents are comfortable with him, etc...  I thought "why not?".  She said the doctor would call me to see when it would be convenient for the three of us to meet.  Never did I expect to receive a call that same day at 7pm from the doctor to do a briefly introduction by phone and set up a time!  So far, I am happy with his prompt response to get back to us.  I hope that if we do like this pediatrician and something were to come up in the future (hopefully nothing too serious) he is just as responsive!

  • On another note, when we went to our 20 week ultrasound, the technician did mentioned that normally if everything is going well and they see no signs of complications, that we will probably not get another ultrasound.  I asked the doctor on Monday if there was one more ultrasound scheduled and she said "no"...... Boooo.... The technician at the ultrasound did mentioned that GE does ultrasounds for free at their Waukesha location so that students can learn and study from them etc...  So I did a little research and found the number and emailed them. I am not sure if they will give me a call back since I am already at 30 weeks, but it's worth the try.. all to see our little IRISH BURRITO again.  I am also very curious to how he is positioned so I can get a better visual in my mind :) !

The Hogie Bun at 30 weeks


Daddy's & Other Updates
Mom C. gave us a juicer for Christmas and we finally used it!  This thing is amazing and the recipes that the book contains although some sound like a weird combination, are actually pretty good!

We are becoming more obsessed with the juicing little by little and adding it to our meals (mostly breakfast thus far).  I of course cannot replace a meal with a juice because I would be starving within 1 hour, but it's a good way to add those vegetables and fruits that one would normally not eat within one day.

This awesome Dad is putting some
hard/easy labor into this concoction!

The end result = Yummy Healthy Fresh Juice!
Carrots, Apples & Celery

Today on the 30th week celebration.... Dad made us some beet, carrot and orange juice! Great way to start your morning!  Now all I have to do is manage to get my butt out the door and get at least a 30 min. walk a day.  It's a little hard when it's 1 degree (or lower) and wind chills of (-15 and -25).

No comments:

Post a Comment