29 weeks



The Hogie Bun at 29 & 5 days

Total Weight Gain: My last doctor's appointment was at week 27.  Surprisingly, since then I've only gained a total of 1 pound.  I thought I was going to see a tremendous increase as the holidays offered quite the goodies and momma over here just couldn't resist the cookies!  So, the big number is at 24 pounds!

Based on where I am at and how things have been developing, we are still within the healthy weight gain range (25-35). I know I still have about 10 weeks+ so we'll see what the final number is.  I am trying not to focus too much on that so long as I keep a balanced nutrition, but let's face it, sometimes I could just eat ice cream all day!

On another note, my blood counts are higher than normal, which she said was a good thing to have and know when it comes to delivery.  I can go into more detail as to why this is good during delivery time, but I won't!  She did however, also mentioned an additional benefit of having a higher blood count, and that is that after delivery I might actually end up having a bit more energy than most women feel after delivery, but of course that's case by case.  For all I know I can just be one of them!

Momma's Update: After enjoying some warm, relaxing weather during our babymoon, I ended up getting a relatively small cold and congestion.  This congestion has been lingering for about a week now (not fun) but I am getting better.

My belly is measuring at 30".  However, I still get some people at work asking me how far along I am, and when I tell some of them, they respond "Oh, wow! I thought you were farther along".. in other words.. "Wow, you look huge!!!!
I am still not quite sure how I should take that. I understand I am pregnant and I am going to get bigger, but then it makes me wonder, do I really look much bigger than I should?

For all you men out there..... I don't think that this is a statement that needs to be said, whether one is expecting or not!  Believe it or not, I am still a bit self-conscious on how I look and it certainly doesn't add any confidence/self-esteem when one knows that they look bigger than normal and that they still have more pounds to gain!  In other words, please just keep it to yourself or simply say "Oh, you look great!"

Baby's Update: Baby is still moving and dancing along with us.  Very active especially in the mornings around 9am, mid-afternoons 1-2pm and sometimes just before going to bed 9ish.  I wonder if these are going to be the times that the baby is going to be the most active once he is out of the "hogie bun"???

I still don't know which way the baby is facing or what part of his body is what's moving etc...  The doctor mentioned that at this time, from what she was able to feel, she thinks that the baby is still head up, on my right side facing my left side, but we won't know for sure.

Discomfort: Sleeping has gotten better.  I still get the occasional hip discomfort but I just end up switching more often from side to side.  Other than that, it's just the normal discomforts of back-ache here and there.  It is now taking me a little longer to bend over or move faster, but I am adjusting.

Also, my T-shirts are no longer fitting AT ALL!!! & Dan's T-shirts are starting to get a bit tighter as well... I am running out of options....  :)

Bellybutton: It has popped, not a ton but you can certainly tell on shirts if I am not wearing a belly band or some sort of a spandex tank-top underneath my shirts.

Looking Forward to: Finalizing all of the baby shower details!  

No comments:

Post a Comment