27 weeks

The Hogie Bun at 27 weeks

Total Weight Gain: As of last week I had gained a total of 23 pounds! So I am really not sure how much I've gained since then, probably .5 or so?

Baby's Update: According to the lovely apps that I follow, the baby weighs almost 2 pounds (head of cauliflower) and measures about 14 1/2 inches long with legs extended.  I am thinking this baby of ours weighs more, just because at 20 weeks he weighed 1.1 pounds, but I am not a doctor, nor do I know the rapidness of his growth....

Based on how the last two measurements that the doctor took, it seems like the hogie bun has been growing proportionally with the number of weeks.  So I am guessing that I am measuring at 27cm.  (I can confirm this next week, when I purchase a measuring tape, I don't own one).

Movement: Our Irish Burrito is one active little boy in the hogie bun!  Sometimes he is very calm, but when he is active he makes sure you know his moving! 

Discomfort: I really can't complain of how my pregnancy has gone thus far.  My discomforts have been very minimum and pretty normal.

I complain the most at night, when my body is just tired and my lower/upper back just ache from all of the extra weight that I am carrying that I can't seem to get comfortable in any position.

Sleeping at night didn't used to be a problem, but now I just feel like I can't seem to get quality sleep.  I am constantly turning from one side to the other, in what feels like every 5 minutes.  OH THE JOY OF PREGNANCY!  There has been times where I wake up in the middle of the night and notice that I am more flat on my back, which freaks me out (yes, I exaggerate) but I do worry and wonder if perhaps I was in that position for too long and whether or not my uterus was pressing on the major vein and interfering with the flow of blood and nutrients to the baby.  These things go through my mind in the middle of the night/morning!

On the brighter side, I have noticed the baby move at random hours of the night, so that reassures me that he is doing fine.

Bellybutton: not quite all the way out, but I have noticed the the top of my bellybutton is starting to pop a little.

Looking Forward to: a short work week and then a relaxing week in Los Cabos, Mexico! Excited to spend some time with just my husband in some warm weather before we become a family of 3!

Babymoon - Los Cabos, Mexico


1 comment: